The “major” update is not in the site itself but the backend. The past six years since launching this site I have hosted it with the same hosting provider without major issues. Well, it’s been over a week and they are still down with no response so I’ve decided to make a switch that I have been thinking about for a very long time to a major hosting company. At first their “free” version wasn’t doing the job but upgraded to the paid version and I am very happy! It is still way less expensive than the old one too!
Luckily I had all but my most recent posts backed up and only have to redo a few pages. And I had it backed up offsite without which I would not have access to. That I only did in the last six months or so – very glad I did!
Issues are now fixed. I just need to update a few lost pages.